Bihar is one of the oldest continuously inhabited places in the world with history of 3000 years. The rich culture and heritage of Bihar is evident from the innumerable ancient monuments that are dotted all over this state in eastern India. This is the place of Aryabhata, Great Ashoka, Chanakya, Mahavira, Guru Gobind Singh, Chandragupta Maurya, Vātsyāyana, Sher Shah Suri and many other great historical figures.
On an average, 20 million domestic tourists and 1 million foreign tourists visits Bihar annually.
• Patna – The capital of Bihar, famous for its rich history and royal architecture
• Gaya – Known for Bodh Gaya the place at which Gautama Buddha attained enlightenment
• Muzaffarpur – Famous for its education
• Kesariya – Location of the world’s largest Buddhist Stupa
• Nalanda – Location of one of the world’s oldest university and More Interesting Places in Bihar. Read More…